Thanks to everyone for attending and sharing their folds with us yesterday via Zoom, at the first Bristol Origami mini-meeting of 2022. The suggested theme was New Year or Winter folds, so some of the models taught reflected that in a variety of interesting ways! The model menu was:
– Talking Tiger – traditional fold, taught by Julie. Diagrams in book Easy Origami by Dukuohtei Nakano (translated by Eric Kenneway). For the upcoming Chinese Year of the Tiger beginning 1st February.
– Owl – designer unknown, taught by Molly. Instructions from YouTube video.
– Chinese Lantern (traditional) and Seedling – designer unknown, both taught by Bridie.
– Tiger Cub – designed by Takenao Handa, taught by Kay. Diagrams are in the NOA Magazine #557
– Crane Envelope – designed by Minako Ishibashi, taught by Tony. Diagrams are in various publications, including NOA, and also were featured on the front cover of the British Origami magazine #120 in October 1986.
– Kimono Envelope -designed by Makoto Yamaguchi, taught by Arlene. Diagrams in Living Origami for All Seasons
– Windmill Flower – designed by Mahyar Hossien Khani, also taught by Arlene. Diagrams in Der FALTER #76 and also in The Fold #58 (OUSA).
A screenshot of some of the models and folders is attached.
The next meeting will be on Saturday 12th February and will be a St Valentine’s Day special, so maybe find some nice hearts & flowers, etc ready to teach to the group.
See the Mini-Meetings section in the Member’s area for further details.